Mosquitoes cause a nuisance during warmer months. Not only are they a nuisance, but their bites can also be itchy and irritating. In fact, they multiply quickly and can become a problem if you do not take steps to control their population. But as with most pests, control starts with prevention.
If you want the best mosquito control and prevention in your Mooresville home, then you need to prepare for the battle early. Our experts at A+ Termite & Pest Control give some suggestions on how to prevent mosquitoes breed in your home.
Why Now Is The Time To Prepare
Mosquitoes have one thing in common; they start breeding when the temperature drops. When the temperature drops below the 50-degree census, female mosquitoes begin to breed and lay their eggs in stagnant sources of water. These eggs lay dormant until when the weather heats back up again. Due to the short winters and long periods of warmer weather in North Carolina, mosquito season is usually from March until the end of fall. Therefore, now is the time to prepare before the mosquito season reaches its peak.
Ways To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Home
Mosquitoes can cause plenty of harm; therefore, you need to declare war against them. Fortunately, there are many safe and natural ways to keep these pesky critters away from your home. Consider the following tips to keep your home safe from mosquitoes.
- Eliminate sources of stagnant water around your property where mosquito eggs may be waiting to hatch.
- Maintain your gutter system. Debris can build up in your gutter and downspouts leading to water retention in the entire system. Mosquitoes can lay their eggs in this stagnant water.
- Empty and change the water in birdbaths, fountains, wading pools, pet bowls, rain barrels, and plant containers at least once a week to destroy potential mosquito habitats.
- Keeping your home clean is the best way to prevent mosquito away from your home. Vacuum regularly, and make sure your bins are covered or even sealed on the days you don’t feel like tossing the trash.
- Try to keep windows and doors closed. Make sure doors and windows have screens that are in good repair. Use air conditioning as much as possible.
Is Mosquito Prevention Easier Than Control?
Avoiding the nuisance of mosquitoes is more about prevention than control for an average person. However, mosquito control requires an in-depth knowledge of the conditions as well as the species of mosquito you want to control. This is best left up to the pest control company. For your part, the most effective way to deal with mosquitoes daily is to practice the prevention tips above.
Why Call A+ Termite & Pest Control For Professional Mosquito Control
A+ Termite & Pest Control offers one of the best mosquito control services in Mooresville, and we would be happy to you. We provide mosquito control and prevention services to protect your home from this unwanted pest. Contact us today if you are looking for a top pest control company in Mooresville.
mosquito control Mooresville NC